Wednesday 15 February 2017

Evaluation Question 1

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions real media products?





Upon reflection I found that through my construction the magazine ended up looking better than I expected. The masthead looked better than anticipated due to the fact that I added black behind the text to make it stand out. I found that using a variety of colours made the magazine look more exciting and appealing. Including social media was ideal and worked significantly well as this engages with my target audience. However, upon reflection I could have modified the layout as, personally I think that it looks slightly cluttered.




I found that my contents page appeared different to how I initially waned it to. However, I am happy with my final outcome. I'm especially happy with the outcome of the arrangement as the photographs are laid out alternative. Furthermore I am extremely happy with the background as this look very unique. In addition I am also pleased that I included a subscribe section as this really appeals to university students as they can get a discount. Upon reflection I could have improved the features section however, due to the act that they aren't as interesting as they could be. Overall the outcome was very successful.




My double page spread looked how I wanted it to, therefore I am very pleased. I discovered that my pull quote 'I missed out' worked extremely well due the fact that I also text wrapped around it, therefore it looks more effective. Secondly I'm satisfied with the font used for my stars name as his stands out on he page as well as appearing childlike. The photograph of my star worked perfectly in conjunction with representing her personality, better than I had anticipated. However, upon reflection I think that I could have improved how I edited the photograph, the part on the right could have been faded more to stand out better.


3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure you have used your final dps and contents pages here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dps is page 56 yet on the contents page it says 36? Also, beneath each thinglink you need an evalautive paragraph about what worked well and what upon reflection, could have been improved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have changed both my contents and double page spread, I have also included evaluative paragraphs underneath my thinglinks

    ReplyDelete